If you didn’t gram it, it didn’t happen.
The world of online marketing has evolved of late and we have seen a huge shift from social for personal use to social for brand building.
So, which social platforms are worth investing time and $$ in?
Not all social platforms are built to stand the test of time, we've seen Twitter claw its way into the social sphere with a rollercoaster of ups and downs and then there are guys like My Space and MSN #RIP which just didn’t cut it when it came to the 21st century.
Instagram is here and here to stay. With Instagram now at 700 million monthly active users, this is a must have when it comes to engaging your demographic.
Instagram for business is a huge game changer when it comes to brand marketing. You will often find me trawling our Insta feed in search of suppliers, content, new clients, venues etc. You name it, we have probably DM’d them in a bid to connect.
Marketing Musts on Instagram:
1. Spend time building a posse of Instagram followers with genuine engagement
2. Post content to support those who support you
3. Don’t be shy to spread industry love and expect it back
4. Post original content to WOW your following
5. No more bots! No longer will I take your generic 'cool post' or 'this is rad' comment as anything other than damn right annoying (a serious pet peeve of ours!)
6. Get creative!
Need some inspo? Check out a few of our favourite brand accounts below: